The Homebrew Launcher is a homebrew application that lists and allows the launching of other homebrew applications from the SD card.
We launch this using the Wii U’s built in browser, so your Wii U will need to be able to access the internet.
Section I - Preparing Browser
- Launch the browser on your device
- Go to the browser settings and select “Reset Save Data”
- This will prevent issues with the browser exploit
- This will also delete all save data including settings, history, and bookmarks
- Return to the browser
Section II - Homebrew Launcher
- If your device is on firmware versions 5.5.2 or 5.5.3, open the browser curtains
- This improves the success rate of the 5.5.2 / 5.5.3 browser exploit
- Go to
- You may want to bookmark this address to save time on typing in the future
- Select “Run Homebrew Launcher” for the first exploit attempt
- This may take many tries
- If it freezes, just force the console to power off by holding the power button, then try again
- Your console should load the Homebrew Launcher
This method requires that you rerun the web exploit used above after every reboot.
Continue to Mocha CFW
This method uses a cheap exploitable DS Virtual Console game to launch your Custom Firmware automatically at boot.